the self help recording
- Stop Blushing By Simply Listening
- Fully Guaranteed To Help You
- Listen In Comfort, It's Easy
- Part of the justbewell Network
MP3 only $26.95
CD only $39.95
How You Use Your Self Hypnosis Recordings
Here are some useful suggestions to help you get the most out of your self hypnosis recordings.
Where should I listen to my recordings?
- Find a time and a place when you are not likely to be disturbed, and where distractions are likely to be minimized. Ideally, switch off or disconnect the phones.
- You can listen to your self hypnosis recordings anywhere but the more peaceful and quiet the surroundings the better.
- Only listen to them in a place where your attention is not going to be otherwise required. Never listen whilst driving or operating machinery.
When should I listen to my recordings?
- You can listen to them during the day, or at night just before bedtime, or as you go to sleep in bed. Some recordings have specific tracks for daytime and bedtime listening and they are clearly labeled.
- It’s best to listen to them when you haven’t just eaten a heavy meal.
What position should I be in, sitting down or laying down?
- The recordings will work whatever your posture is (within reason…). If you are laying down as you listen it is more likely that you will fall asleep, especially if you are listening at bedtime. This is perfectly OK, they still work even as you sleep.
- If you are sitting down then ensure that your feet are placed firmly on the floor, that your hands are resting comfortably in your lap, and that your back is well supported.
How often should I listen to my recordings?
- We recommend that you listen to them every day for at least a fortnight, and then as often as you wish. Do listen to them at least three times a week at a time other than bedtime.
How long are the recordings?
- They vary from 25 minutes to about 45 minutes, in the main. Each product page will tell how long that particular recording is.
I am planning to buy several recordings, how should I listen to them?
- In any order you choose to although the more you listen to a recording, the faster it will tend to work.
How quickly should I expect to see results?
- Sometimes the results are fast and seemingly miraculous. Quite often, though, you will need to listen to them repeatedly to gain the benefits. Think of it as being like ‘going to the gym’ for your mind. These recordings train your mind by way of suggestion, metaphor, hypnotic commands, association and in a whole host of additional ways. As with going to the gym, this can take time. The best advice is to be patient with yourself and to listen regularly. One of the reasons we offer a sixty day guarantee is that sometimes the positive effects are gradual.
Should I use headphones or not?
- It is entirely up to you. Some of the recordings, don’t feature music or sound effects, they are purely voice-work (and brilliant voice-work it is too). Others do contain stereo music and effects that can be enhanced by listening through a set of headphones.
- Just as a quick note we don’t recommend using headphones if you are listening at bedtime or you may wake up with them wrapped around your face!
How should I be listening to my recordings, what should I be thinking?
- The important thing is NOT to try to understand what is being said, or why, or to worry about whether you are following what is being said, or to think that you have to ‘do it right’ to get the benefits.
- Just listen. You don’t have to consciously engage in what is being said. Sometimes the hypnotherapist will give you a series of instructions, such as ‘breathe like this’, ‘imagine that’, ‘say these things after me, in your mind’. You don’t have to literally do what he or she is saying, just listening will give you the benefits. It can be very pleasant to breathe in a deeper, more relaxing way, to imagine being in a beautiful place etc, but it isn’t necessary…
I fell asleep whilst listening to one of your recordings. Is this OK?
- It is perfectly OK to fall asleep whilst listening, and reasonably likely if you listen at bedtime whilst laying in bed. You will still receive the benefits. We do recommend that you also listen when it isn’t bedtime, as we have said.